What is the job of an appraiser?
An appraiser’s job is to determine the current value of a property. Most of the work is done on-site where the appraiser will:
- Conduct a room-by-room walk-through to determine interior condition.
- Walk the length of the property to determine exterior condition.
- Evaluate any amenities such as a swiming pool, finished basement, or built-in bar.
- Note any health or safety code violations.
- Record the layout of the property.
Off-site, the appraiser may also evaluate the current real estate market in the neighborhood to help determine the value of the property.